Annual General Meeting
A special thanks to all the alumni who volunteered this year, attended meetings, school assemblies and especially those who made financial donations.
Thanks to your efforts, we were able to add more money to the scholarships given to the current student body. A total of $6,000.00 was given out. This year’s awards were given to:
|Alumni Award of Distinction||Issy Simone|
|The Leone Farrell STEM Award||Sophia Balevicius|
|The Al Skeoch Award for School Spirit||Harini Priya|
|The Irene Atkinson Community Leadership Award||Amanda Stekel|
|The Kutty and Associates Good Character Award||Matt Smith|
We are looking for new volunteers to serve on the Board of Directors and the Executive and to organize and participate in alumni events. We will begin in-person fundraisers again in 2023, beginning with our Theatre night April 27th at the Village Playhouse.
The Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be held on Nov 29th at 7 pm in the PCI Library or you can attend virtually via Zoom. To attend via Zoom please send Gerry an email and he will send you an invite link.
The AGM will include the election of three board member positions and the approval of a change to the By-Laws. If you are interested in sitting on the Board of Directors or participating in any other way please contact either Gerry or Simon.
If you can't donate your time... money is the next best thing. All donations are tax deductible and can be made using one of the methods below.
President and Chair of the Board
|Simon B. Cotter,
Vice President, Fundraising and Board Member
You can make your donation to the Parkdale Alumni Foundation general fund to support all of our awards, or you are welcome to designate your donation to the Irene Atkinson Community Leadership Award. All donations must be received before midnight Dec 31st, 2022 to receive a donation receipt for the 2022 tax year.
Please consider your Parkdale Alumni Foundation on Giving Tuesday November 29th. Thank you in advance for your generosity. Here’s how you can help:
There are 5 methods to donate.
- Through the Foundation website at parkdalecialumni.com
- You are not required to login to make a donation to the general fund just click on the Donate button at the top of the home page or the Donate button following the Tribute to Irene to donate to the campaign for the Irene Atkinson Community Leadership Award.
- E-Transfer to Parkdale Alumni Foundation at email address firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mailing a cheque to the Parkdale Alumni Foundation
c/o Gerry Holmes
14 Westminster Ave., Toronto M6R 1N4
(Postmarked and dated prior to Dec. 31, 2022)
- Canada Helps - Parkdale Alumni Foundation site... canadahelps.org/en/charities/parkdale-alumni-foundation
- Canada Helps – The Irene Atkinson Community Leadership Award fund … https://www.canadahelps.org/en/charities/parkdale-alumni-foundation/campaign/the-irene-atkinson-community-leadership-award/
Who has a vote at the AGM:
The following conditions of Membership shall apply:
Class A Members
Class A Members, aside from Ex-Officio members defined in item 3 below, shall be individuals who are receipted donors and meet any of the following criteria
- All individuals who have attended Parkdale Collegiate Institute and who are not currently enrolled at Parkdale Collegiate Institute;
- All current or former members of the Parkdale Collegiate Institute Staff (Teaching or Non-Teaching); or
- By virtue of their office:
- The Principal of Parkdale Collegiate Institute;
- The Vice-Principal(s) of Parkdale Collegiate Institute; or
- The President and Vice-President(s) of the Parkdale Collegiate Institute Student’s Council.